...is so great! She created for me this nifty blog complete with my own nick name ("Nick" name? Nick? - get it? She's clever!) and everything. She's been suggesting for weeks now I should get with the program and have a blog. Right. I can't even keep up with the things I need to do, let alone want to do. (What? You mean they aren't the same thing?)
And now this, this, this BLOB. And the lists, they don't relent - music, books, talks, links, recipes, quotes, movies, surveys, videos. Where do people get all the time needed to keep everything up to date on these things?
So here she's gone and done it for me. She was so excited about it that when she called me to tell me what she'd done, she offered to take my dictation over the phone about what my first blog should say. (Thanks luv, but you have even less time than I do.) So these are my own words, typed by my own arthritic, tortoise-like fingers.
You may be aware from reading her blog that I was working on losing some weight along with my peers at work. Five pounds to be sure. Today was the final weigh in. I'd lost 6.2 lbs. This is good news because I get my money back ($50 that I put in the pot in January, returned if I make my goal, along with anyone else's money forfeited from their un-met goals). Several people forfeited money, so it will be divided among the rest of us.
I'm happy to be getting my own money back. The natural man in me is ecstatic to be getting someone else's money - twisted, I know.
As for blogging - be sure to check back infrequently just to verify that the same old junk is still here. And don't be too disappointed if you tag me for something and nothing happens. Yup, SITM (stick in the mud). As proof, please refer to my untouched, year-old Facebook page. I'm told I can also now comment on other people's blobs. If I only had a brain.
In fact, if something does happen, it'll probably be because of my sweetheart. She's already added photos and links and enlivened this plot of real estate in cyberspace. Thanks Luv!
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are so stinkin' cute! and fun! and the best! I love your guts (even though there are 6.2 lbs. less of them!) Thanks for being such a good sport!
Way to go on reaching your goal! You are amazing in every way!
Daddy!
You are adorable. And I love your blog. :D
Post a Comment